Release v0.3

News and announcements.
Site Admin
Keys: 974,71 
Type: Switch
Orientation: Bi

Card Creator

Release version 0.3 (Alpha)

Im back working on the teaseviewer here is a new version to show you im still on it, contains some wished features and bug fixes!

Known / new bugs
  • Cardmanager isn´t accessible anymore.

What is new?

General:

- WEBM available as slideimage format (wished by wavedash)
  • Webm is an upcomming video container format and widely used on 4chan, replacing gif animations.
    Every option you select for pictures is also used for card files at the moment.
    3.png
    3.png (2.21 KiB) Viewed 13046 times
- Drawing images from subfolders (Pictures and Cards)
  • "Delete" folder will be ignored.
- No 32 / 64 - bit version anymore
  • VLC support was the most reported problem when starting a tease.
    All needed .dll files and plugin folders are now included, which makes the entire zip file ~50% bit larger.
    The software will load the right libraries based on your installed JRE (Java Runtime Environment).
    You can also force to load 32 / 64 bit libraries and you can even select your own VLC installation as source.
    If you still have problems starting a tease (Nothing happens when you hit play or an empty window appears (when in fullscreen mode)), then run the jar file over the console with "lite" as paramter.
    Or remove/delete the VLC folder, if the software can´t find the files it will automatically set itself to LITE
    4.png
    4.png (3.57 KiB) Viewed 13046 times
- LITE mode
  • For people who have problems with the VLC part, starts the software without VLC libs, so you can still play but without the following features:
  • MP4, WEBM slides, Video & Audio support. (The ticker and alarm sounds will still work)

Teaseviewer:
- Random number generator (wished by Inside7Shadows)
  • Generate a random number, each slide (optional).
    1.png
    1.png (1.96 KiB) Viewed 13046 times
- Procedures (wised by Inside7Shadows)
  • Add procedures to help you keeping track of difficult card effects like
    "Add 1 to you strokerate until you reach 40 then restart at 0"
    2.png
    2.png (10.28 KiB) Viewed 13046 times
    Its brand new and most likely bugged.
Card Creator

- Slidebar added (bug reported by Risuld)

- Added Drag & Drop functionality for images (wished by wavedash)
  • You can now drag images into the interface to easily load them.
- Added a new "Orientation" mode to fold the card around the image (wished by wavedash)

- Added more display options for oversized cards/images
  • Zoom: Off = If the card is greater than 750x750 px it is downscaled, moving, zooming or animation may lagg because of the scaling process.
    Zoom: Medium = A slidebar appears if the image exceeds its area.
    Zoom: On = Full zoom alsong the entire interface has place.

5.png
    5.png (2.2 KiB) Viewed 13046 times
Misc

- Some new items
- All items have now icons
- Many smaller bug fixes.
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Can i has CTI pls
Inside7shadows
Created software for the community!
Keys: 5,55 
Type: Dominant
Orientation: Straight

Looks spiffy, but I've got to point out the math error: You should be rolling an Int between 0 and 99. May I request leading zeros on the next patch? (i.e. 011)
Site Admin

Card Creator

Hmm what is the error? min 0 and max 100 means for me [0,...,100], if you need [0,..,99] you could just change the max value? Or do you just want [0,..,99] as default value?
Why is the leading zero important ?
Krell
Kinky
Keys: 2,46 

Rare cards that use 3 digits instead of 2 is my guess for the leading 0. And 0-99 is a more appropriate roll because most cards use only the last 2 digits of a slide number so 100 counts as 0.

Numbers are fun.
Inside7shadows

Have you developed a Glossary at some point? This page has always confused me, and I finally put my finger on it. Slides/Pictures I use interchangeably, as well as Cards/instructions. (I guess technically, a slide could contain an instruction)

What do you consider a card?

Leading zeros is an artifact from CTI Deck Builder. I believe it was some what popular (comparatively).

Kudos on the slidelist generation, it's embarrassingly fast.

A list of hotkeys in the options menu would be super helpful.

Some larger images are spilling over the Time counter. Is this space used for anything else? It seems a bit silly to loose 1/3rd of my screen for a single value.

Is a spell check dictionary an unreasonable request for the card creator? Also, the text resizer kinda wonky. I appreciate the flexibility for longer text fields, but I'd really like to see all lines of text the same size. I'm guessing automatic carriage returns are hard to implement?
Attachments
Presets.jpg
Presets.jpg (53.6 KiB) Viewed 12968 times
Bamith
Kinky
Keys: 0,02 
Type: Submissive

Is there any way to prevent cards/pictures from being used twice? Or is there a plan to put something like this in place? My pics folder has over 1,000 images in it and it's not uncommon that in 100 slides of a tease I will see the same image 3 or more times.
Site Admin

Card Creator

Bamith wrote:Is there any way to prevent cards/pictures from being used twice? Or is there a plan to put something like this in place? My pics folder has over 1,000 images in it and it's not uncommon that in 100 slides of a tease I will see the same image 3 or more times.
Not yet but i can add that as an option for v0.4, no problem.
Inside7Shadows wrote:Have you developed a Glossary at some point?
No, i will add some, but i fear that my english isn´t good enough, could need some help. :)
Inside7Shadows wrote:Leading zeros is an artifact from CTI Deck Builder. I believe it was some what popular (comparatively).
Added leading zeros, will bring out a v0.3.1 soon with some small changes.

Inside7Shadows wrote:Kudos on the slidelist generation, it's embarrassingly fast.
I don´t know how, but Deckbuilder generates a slidelist almost instant i don´t know how.....
Inside7Shadows wrote:Some larger images are spilling over the Time counter. Is this space used for anything else? It seems a bit silly to loose 1/3rd of my screen for a single value.
Could you explain this a bit more or add a screenshot?
Inside7Shadows wrote:Is a spell check dictionary an unreasonable request for the card creator?
Maybe far in the future, it would need too much time to get into that, but it would be a nice feature^^

Inside7Shadows wrote:Also, the text resizer kinda wonky. I appreciate the flexibility for longer text fields, but I'd really like to see all lines of text the same size.
You are right, i will add more options to improve the text box!
Inside7shadows

I have my saved presents, but I can't seem to load them.

I also agree with Bamith. Some of my instructions are designed to be unique and can't really be repeated.

Attaching screen shot and original images. Happens with jpg and png, but only a few. Running 1280 x 768 resolution.
Attachments
a9365094a59b231c78b8894376f37988.png
a9365094a59b231c78b8894376f37988.png (1.21 MiB) Viewed 12943 times
sample-a125afd308429e48fc1dcaa33588d960.jpg
sample-a125afd308429e48fc1dcaa33588d960.jpg (183.69 KiB) Viewed 12943 times
1055.jpg
1055.jpg (99.8 KiB) Viewed 12943 times
Site Admin

Card Creator

I also agree with Bamith. Some of my instructions are designed to be unique and can't really be repeated.
Well i can prevent to draw the same card 2 times but this would be a general rule, i can´t seperate which card is designed to be unique and which not, this is cti2 stuff.
I have my saved presents, but I can't seem to load them.
Autoload doesn´t work yet, but you can now set a number of pictures and then press the suggest button the suggest button will automatically add cards by your choosen percentage in presets.

I will look into the problem with image size.

Edit 1: Could it be that you selected "Resize only smaller pictures" in options?
If so, then this is common behavior and not a bug at all the interface just streches into the picture size, i think "Resize only smaller pictures" is a very uncommon option and so i spend noch much time to make it perfect...
I think i could improve this resize mode.... remove the "streching" and then .. center the image or start at the corner?
wavedash
Horny
Keys: 0,00 

Thanks for the update, great work. Minor card creation gripes, though:

1. Text size doesn't scale up with card size when using "Match image", so you get stuff like this where I imagine the text is unreadable on 1366x768, the most popular desktop monitor size. Another way to look at this issue would be that there's no upper limit to card size.
2. Card creator doesn't remember custom dimensions, which makes the feature way too laborious to use.

Card creation in general could probably be streamlined in several small ways that should make a significant impact combined. Here's a few:

1. There's no reason to reset card type to blank when you click "New Card." Just keep it as what it was.
2. Set number could be automatically incremented to the next unused digit upon clicking "New Card," and then the user can change it if for some bizarre reason they actually wanted to touch that feature.
3. Automatically detecting horizontal or vertical card orientation should be really easy.
4. I don't know if it's my computer's fault, but a new File Explorer window opens when I make a new card, which is kind of unnecessary when I already have 10 of that exact window because they keep opening.

Return to “News”

• Information